Full Instructions of Synology DS923+ Installation
Synology products are known to manage your growing data like photos, videos, documents and other data files. Synology DS923+ device is one of the products that provide security, speed, amazing features and much more to the users. The Synology DS923+ installation is pretty simple. Here in below written paragraphs, you will learn how to complete the setup of this mentioned device. This setup includes different steps like hardware settings and installing the DSM through find.synology.com. But first let’s take a look on some safety instructions before you start the installation process.
Safety Instructions Before Synology DS923+ Installation
- Temperature changes or humidity can abrupt the signals of the Synology device, so place it far away from the direct sunlight and chemicals.
- You should place the main unit right side up all the times.
- Keep away the device form the liquids.
- If you want to clean the device, you must turn it off first and then use a damp cloth to wipe the dust.
- You should only use the synology provided cables, power cords and adaptors to setup the DS923+ device.
- The power cord (used to supply power) must be plugged into the socket outlet with the earthing connection.
- The unit has a moving fan backside, so keep your body parts away from it.
So, these are some safety instructions that you must follow, when you start the setup process. Now, let’s move on to the hardware setup of the Synology DS923+ installation.
1. Installing Drives into Main Unit
You have to insert the provided drives into the main unit. To install the drives, just pull out the drives trays from the handle. Then load the drives in to the tray. After inserting all the drives one by one, push the tray back in until you here a click sound. Now lock the tray into the main unit with the hard drive tray key. Repeat the same mentioned steps to install all the drives into the device.
2. Adding a Memory Module
If you want to expand the memory of your DS923+ device then you can add Synology memory modules into the main unit. You just have to remove all the drive trays. Then locate the memory slots on the inner right side of the Synology NAS device. Now, insert the new memory module into the empty slots. Push down the module until you hear a click sound. After attaching them, you have to insert the drive trays into the drive bays.
3. Turn On Synology Device
After adding all parts to the NAS device, you have to connect it to your router or any networking devices in your home using a LAN cable.
Then insert one end of the AC power cord to the power port of the Synology DS923+ and connect other end to a power outlet to supply electricity to it.
To turn it on, just press the power button given on the front of the Synology device.
So, this is the hardware setup part of Synology DS923+ installation. Now let’s see how to install the DSM (DiskStation Manager) on the device.
- Start with turning on the Synology device and connect your computer to the same network.
- Then start the computer and open up any web browser. Locate the address bar and type in web assistant URL find.synology.com, then hit the Enter button.
- The URL will take you inside the Synology’s web assistant.
- The assistant will search for the DS923+ device within the local network.
- Then click the Connect button given on the bottom of the screen to start the DSM setup process and follow onscreen instructions.
After completing the setup you have to assign a password to the user admin of the Synology DS923+. From DSM, you can enable a lot of the features like Synology two factor authentication and more others as well as manage the data and settings.
Now, take a look over to the troubleshooting tips that you should apply before and after the setup to maintain the performance of the Synology device.
- Before inserting the hard drives in to the trays of the device, you should ensure that the hard drive connector is not damaged or crooked.
- Check the power cord or power adaptor twice. Be sure it is not damaged or cut from anywhere.
- Use updated version of the internet browser to install the DSM (DiskStation Manager) in to the Synology device.
You can also use these tips whenever the DS923+ device not working or Synology Assistant connection failed to link with the local network.
In above written paragraphs, you have seen the instructions of Synology DS923+ installation that included hardware setup and DSM installation.